Monday 28 February 2011

GRACE

'Oh, how the grace of God
amazes me!
It loosed me from my bonds
and set me free!
What made it happen so?
'Twas His will, this much I know
Set me, as now I show,
at liberty.

My God has chosen me,
though one of naught,
to sit beside my King
in heaven's court.
Hear what my Lord hath done:
oh, the love that made Him run
to meet His erring Son!
This hath God wrought.

Not for my righteousness,
for I have none,
but for His mercy's sake,
Jesus God's Son,
suffered on Calvary's Tree -
crucified with thieves was He -
great was His grace to me,
His wayward one.

And when I think of how,
at Calvary,
He bore sin's penalty
instead of me,
amazed I wonder why
He, the sinless One, should die
for one so vile as I:
my Saviour He!

Come now, the whole of me,
eyes, ears and voice,
join me, Creation all,
with joyful noise:
praise Him Who broke the chain
holding me in sin's domain,
and set me free again!
Sing and rejoice!'

Emmanuel T Sibomana