Thursday 2 February 2012

HEAVEN

'There is a hope that burns within my heart,
that gives me strength for ev'ry passing day;
a glimpse of glory, though revealed in meagre part,
that drives all doubt away:
I stand in Christ, with sins forgiv'n,
with Christ in me, the hope of heav'n;
my highest calling and my deepest joy:
to make his will my home.

There is a hope that lifts my weary head,
a consolation strong against despair,
that when the world has plunged me in its deepest pit,
I find the Saviour there.
Through present sufferings, future fears,
he whispers, "Courage!" in my ears,
and I am safe in everlasting arms
for he will bear me home.

There is a hope that stands the test of time,
that lifts my eyes beyond the beckoning grave,
to see the matchless beauty of a day divine
when I behold his face.
When sufferings cease and sorrows die,
when every longing’s satisfied,
then joy unspeakable will flood my soul,
for I’ll be truly home.'

Stuart Townend and Mark Edwards